Heres a little flyover of how to use the extension:
- Download the extension file RP_0.0.1.0.navapp
- Publish the extension to a Dynamics NAV instance:
- Open Microsoft Dynamics NAV Development Shell
- Enter command: Publish-NAVApp -ServerInstance <your nav service instance name (like 'DynamicsNAV90')> -Path <your path to the navapp-file>\RP_0.0.1.0.navapp
- Install the extension:
- Enter command: Get-NAVAppInfo -Path <your path to the navapp-file>\RP_0.0.1.0.navapp | Install-NAVApp -ServerInstance <your nav instance name>
- After successful installation, the extension is available in your NAV client but you can't see any new or changed objects in the development client. This is normal.
- Start the NAV client and go to the IT Administration - Reports - Report Definitions:
- In the Report Definition you can setup all available reports
- After that, you can assign the definitions to the available pages in the Page Setup. Befor you assign pages, run the "Setup Pages" action to load all available pages (for the moment only Contact Card & List):
- You can make entries without definitions an use it as captions. You can change the Style to make it more colorful. Ist the option "Filter Primary Key" turned on, the Contact-Record will be filtered to the Contact that showed on the Pages while the action runs.
- Now you can open the Contact page and try the new "Report Selection" action:
- Or you try to send a mail:
In the next steps, I will add more pages and try the extension in a multi-tenant environment.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment.
Thanks for testing :)